30.6.09

My bread story

Yesterday at the grocery store I was checking out my favorite aisle, the discounted foods section, and came across a loaf of french bread. The bread, only 89 cents by the way, had this motto printed on the side: "Time to Eat Bread Again." This raises a lot of questions. When was it not time to eat bread? My first guess is that this is in reference to the Aktins no-carb diet that took America by storm. But that was what, 7 years ago? Are we just now getting back to being a bread-friendly country? That's a long time to recover. Perhaps it took that long to cleanse America's colons of all that beef, since that is apparently the only thing people eat on the Aktin's diet. This makes me wonder what kind of damage the Aktins diet did to the bread industry. Maybe it ran some of them out of business? Is that why this bread is only 89 cents? I just picture some bread factory shutting its doors as its owner stands in the parking lot, fist waving towards the heaven, cursing Robert Aktins and his carb hating habits.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hi! I was searching 5915 Laurel street and 5913 laurel Street. Your blog pulled up under 5913 laurel as you living there.
I am going to be renting the place from Kate. I do not know if you are the tenant now, but I have seemed to miss placed her number and need to speak to her about moving in.
If you have it can you please forward it to me.
Thanks a bunch,

leslie depaula
lesliedepaula@att.net