8.10.07

October: Already?

My goodness, where has the time gone?
Here's a quick recap for those not in the loop of my daily life: I've finally picked a major; sociology. This was decided on the theory that I should major in whatever I find the most interesting to learn about (ie; I'm majorly interested in learning about Sociology). Whether or not this degree will ever come in handy in the real world is very debatable. But, on the bright side once I become homeless I'll have a firm grasp on my role in society as a hobo. (Here's a hint-it's picking through the garbage)

Speaking of higher education, here's a tidbit of knowledge I picked up in Marriage and Family today;
Men who keep their laptops on their laps dramatically decrease their sperm count. It's a mixture of the heat and the pressure caused by the computer. Scientists have found that an increase in temperature by 1 degree Celsius is known to reduce sperm count by 40 percent. Needless to say, I'll be keeping a pillow between the computer and me from now on.

Currently Eating: Egg Rolls

3 comments:

Unknown said...

here in portland, we have a bum who regularly digs through our recycling for plastics, glass, whatever he can get money for. i really think we should quit having the recycling companies pick up our recycling and let the bums collect it and take it in for money. i mean, they do it anyway. genius! anywho, congrats on the major thing. how the heck are you, harrison george?! you should come visit me and nick!

Anonymous said...

Natalie, can I just send you my glass bottles? Because I'm pretty sure Wichita doesn't recycle glass.

LK said...

Woo! Keep writing!

I haven't looked at Xanga in so long. It's just too weird. And I deleted mine anyway. Four years of history down the proverbial Internet toilet.

I just wrote in my blog again, so maybe you can give me some free advertising on here. :)

Plus I mentioned you/our awesome trip in it!